Kaleia's typical day includes some type of art or similar creative outlet. She loves to color with crayons, paint, cut, glue, and coloring with markers have been her latest favorite. So when I told her about the Reflections art festival that the school was having a few months ago she was quick to say that she wanted to enter. When I asked her about what she wanted to do she quickly replied, "Paint!". I just laughed as I have always left painting as something she does at school (less mess at home!). So one day after school I picked her up and we headed off to get the paint, paper and brush that she would need. She was so cute as she picked out each of the supplies! Once we were home she couldn't wait to get started. She knew exactly what she was going to paint and got to work.
Last night was the festival at the school where all the families and students gathered to see who won and enjoy a little dessert together. Kaleia was one of the a dozen or so kindergarteners that entered (there were probably about 100 or so students in total), however, she didn't win first place. She was disappointed about not getting a trophy, but did get a cool certificate, some free dinner coupons and a little bag of goodies for her efforts. While the judges may not have thought her painting was the best, we were pretty impressed with her efforts and thought you might like to see her work. :)
11.08.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment