Last Friday we went to a birthday party at Scooter's Jungle. It's an indoor playground with bounce houses, slides and other various play equipment (fun for both parents and kids!). So when we first got there I wasn't sure what Kaleia was going to do because in the past bounce houses have scared her due to the instability when walking, etc. She surprised me though and started right up the big slide pictured below. It didn't take long though until she turned around and came back down the "ladder". Too much for her! She bounded off to look for something a little safer. Brodie, however, started to make it very clear that he wanted to go down that big slide!

The man you see standing at the bottom of the slide is about 6'7" tall just to give you a little perspective on how tall the slide is. Brodie is only about 2'5" tall. :)

Brodie and daddy waiting their turn to go down.

One happy little boy!

I decided to give it a try, you know to enjoy the experience with him. Wow! The climb up there was a workout! Wearing socks (which were required) on a slippery plastic ladder with only one free hand (Brodie was in the other arm) is challenging. And when I got to the top and looked down it took my breath away. I was shocked at how steep it was! If Brodie hadn't been with me I would have thought about going back down the ladder too! (I think I know where my daughter gets her cautious streak.) Needless to say, it was quite a rush.

Kaleia found a slide in the smaller bounce house that was more her speed although it took her about 20 minutes of sitting at the top to even try this one! All in all we had a great time and I think I realized just how brave my little guy is.
2 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I've heard of Scooter's Jungle and wondered if we should try it. I love the pic of you and Brodie...so cute!
It was good to catch up with you a little on Sunday...thanks again for your concern. :)
ha, I would have been right there with Kaleia! I've actually done similar things before, sitting at the top of a slide searching for the courage to go down...only I was much older than Kaleia :o)
Post a Comment