
A week ago I had the opportunity to go to Bob's Big Boy restaurant with my kids. It was a walk down memory lane for me as I remember going there as a child. When I was growing up it was "the" place that we would go out to eat. I'm not entirely sure why my parents always picked this place (other than perhaps it was one of the few "family" restaurants in that day and with four little kids it was a good option), but it's one of those places that I remember I really liked to go to. To this day I can "taste" the burgers and malts (It still has one of the best malts around, but then again, since this was probably the only malt I remember as a kid it is the standard by which all others are judged!)! YUM!!! Mind you, it's not the place to count your calories, but once in a while it won't kill you. :) Anyway, it was fun to be there with my two kids and my mom and sister (Chris) and share the experience of it with them.
1 comment:
That brings back so many great memories for me too! Like you, my family would always go there whenever we ate out, and I always got the Big Boy combo with no relish and the fries well done. Yum! I still love eating there. My mom was a car-hop at the one in Burbank during the 60's, so she always has fun stories to tell about all the stars she used to wait on. :)
Post a Comment