8.13.2008

First Day of School!

It's hard to believe this day is finally here! The day when Kaleia begins her educational journey and we as parents hope and pray that she is ready for the adventure. :) Kaleia woke up this morning, got dressed and came in and gave me a kiss. She had told me earlier this week she was going to wake me up and say, "First day of school, first day of school!" just like Nemo wakes his dad up, and I was supposed to say, "Five more minutes.", but I guess she changed her mind. Her way was much nicer. So here she is, our little Kindergartener...
Getting onto the campus this morning was a zoo! There is very little parking at the school (at least that I've seen), so we ended up parking WAY down the street and having an unexpected walk. Once we reached her playground she got her name tag and got in line with the other students. Here she is walking into her class!
After some confusion regarding paperwork that needed to be turned in I was told to give it to her teacher. The classroom door was already closed, which I'm sure was done to keep the parents out, but her teacher was in there, so in I went! Needless to say, I'm glad I did! I was able to get a picture that I'm sure most parents would have loved to have...here's Kaleia at her desk (she's the only girl at her table, BTW). The assistant teacher told me it was okay to take it, but not tell the other parents! :)
She's so excited about her new school and her new teacher. I hope she's as excited tomorrow as she is today. This morning she asked me, "What's on tomorrow?" which means... "What are we doing tomorrow?" and I told her that she had school tomorrow, but I'm not sure she was too thrilled to hear me say that! I guess I've failed to mention that she'd be going to school every day once it started. Oh well, I'm sure she'll enjoy it once things get going.

And just in case you are wondering how Brodie is handling things...he's thrilled to be "king of the remote" and be able to choose what he wants to watch. He's currently enjoying Little Einstein's which is why you are even reading this post!

1 comment:

M or J said...

Ahh, she looks so cute! You must have felt so proud, but at the same time sad to see your baby go off to school. :)