The other day we were walking up to my parents' house when Kaleia asked where her rake was. You see she has had such a good time raking leaves with my mom in past years that my mom bought her her own little rake. I told her that I did not know, but that maybe Grandma did, so after lunch we asked her. Sure enough, the beloved rake was located and raking fun began. At first she raked with Paw-paw (my dad), but soon Brodie wanted to join in on the action. Kaleia seemed content to share her rake with him, so she could use Grandma's.
As I am sure you noticed the raking soon turned into stick playing. What is it with kids and sticks? Kaleia has always loved them, and Brodie seems to be following in her footsteps. He just hasn't quite figured out what to do with them yet. :) And then the leaves became so much more fun to throw up in the air than to rake! I just loved watching them laugh and giggle as the leaves fell down all around them. It's one of those moments that you realize (and remember) the simple joys in life and what a blessing those times really are.
As I am sure you noticed the raking soon turned into stick playing. What is it with kids and sticks? Kaleia has always loved them, and Brodie seems to be following in her footsteps. He just hasn't quite figured out what to do with them yet. :) And then the leaves became so much more fun to throw up in the air than to rake! I just loved watching them laugh and giggle as the leaves fell down all around them. It's one of those moments that you realize (and remember) the simple joys in life and what a blessing those times really are.
1 comment:
soo fun! that's so cute that she calls your dad paw. your kids are getting HUGE!!
Post a Comment